Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Help me make a serious decision please?

I am faced with a very serious decision tomorrow morning.



To give you some back ground on this I have to explain a few things.



I am the manager of a large warehouse with the main office in another city. The owner decides how many people I can call in to work. He never comes there and leaves it all to me.



Today I had a crew of three people available to me to unload 2 containers of 40 ft each. The containers did not arrive until 3.30 pm, he insisted they should both be unloaded. The guys arrived early as per the owners instructions and I kept them busy until the containers arrived. Once they realized the monumental task ahead of them they informed me they would not be unloading any more merchandise. I tried to get other temporary help but to no avail.



The owner than threatened them with ';If you don't unload them today none of you will have a job tomorrow'; They walked out.



Tomorrow I am planning on quitting this job. I have been there 2 years and the job just gets worse.